Moving is the more stressful job than any other things, but planning can turn it into amusement. Here are some helpful hints:
- Design a priority list
- Check that your insurance policy will cover damage to your belongings during relocation.
- Consider what size was moving of van you will need for your furniture.
- Notify your utility companies that you are moving.
- Inform your bank, doctor and office management about your relocation.
- Arrange service to clean your old house.
- Sell all your things you don’t need.
Wrap them, pack them
- Packing usually takes longer than any other things, start packing early to avoid any hassle on moving day.
- Use good quality boxes, they are available in a variety of size to pack different items.
- Firstly pack all the items which you need rarely.
- I’ll suggest you to pack one room at a time and label them clearly with the things which box is carrying.
- Pack all your heavy items in small size boxes to ensure that the boxes can easily be moved.
- Use air bags or bubble wrap for covering any fragile items,
- When packing, place the heavier items beneath small stuff, to avoid any loss.
- Pack important items and documents such as certificates, passports or jewelry so you can keep them save on the day.
- Measure the space of your new home, if your carpets and couches don’t fit the size, sell them to buy new carpets and couches.
- Pack all your outfits, towels and toiletries in separate boxes and keep it away from other boxes.
- Pack a box of the essentials you’ll need desperately in your new house- includes tea, kettle, mugs and teaspoons, snacks, medical box toilet paper.
The Heavy Stuff
The key to the successful move is disassembled all your furniture in organized manners this will help you to assemble them quickly in your new house. This will help you prevent your belongings from being damaged.
- Start packing the removal van from the front side and stack up the things to the top before you move towards the back side.
- Once packing is completed, check your list that you have loaded all the things or not.
- If you are moving outside the city and needs to stop don’t forget to use the padlock for securing the van.
- When your van is arrived at your home, move all your belongings directly to the room where this needs to be placed.
- After a long, exhausting moving day, the last thing you want is bed so unpack the beds earlier so you won’t have to struggle with bed late night.
- Remove all your items, in the same way, you had packed them; High priority things first, and then start unpacking one room at a time.
No matter how organized you are, still you have to face adversity. I’ll recommend you to get man and van services to avoid any mishaps; they are well equipped and responsible for all kind of damage to your goods.